This website is part of a comprehensive compliance initiative being coordinated by the Office of the Vice-President and General Counsel, at the direction of the President and executive leadership team, to map U-M’s legislative and regulatory compliance obligations and activities from an institutional perspective. This site is intended to improve the accessibility of information about the university’s regulatory obligations, and help avoid gaps in the management of those obligations.
This initiative is not intended to replace or diminish any of the specialized compliance roles already being performed by U-M employees, nor to alter the existing responsibilities and accountability for compliance. Rather, our goal is to enhance compliance awareness across the U-M community, and support the management of compliance obligations from a university-wide perspective. Read more about what compliance means, and why this is happening…
What will we do to achieve the Program’s goals?
- Maintain this Compliance Resource Center, to serve as a consolidated directory of compliance experts and information.
- Serve as an additional point of contact and support for compliance issues, particularly issues of University-wide significance or impact.
- Encourage and support a coordinated, collaborative and practical approach to the implementation of new laws with U-M wide impact and the management of compliance issues that arise in activities common to many U-M units.
- Offer practical support to U-M units in compliance management and self-monitoring.
- Support the ongoing work of compliance specialists at U-M, through enhancing their profile and connecting them more readily with U-M units.
- Provide and promote a more comprehensive, big picture perspective of compliance at U-M.
We will strive to display the following values in developing and implementing this initiative:
- Adaptive and sensitive to the U-M environment
Established 3/4/11, last updated 3/7/17 – Contact us if you believe any information is incorrect or outdated